Looking for a mouthwatering, health-conscious meal that’s a breeze to prepare? Look no further! Our Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Green Beans Skillet recipe is the answer. This delectable dish is perfect for paleo, low-carb, and keto diets. With the convenience of one skillet cooking and a burst of irresistible flavors, you’ll have dinner on the table in just 25 minutes.
Indulge in a culinary adventure like no other with our Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Green Beans Skillet recipe. This delectable delight is a harmonious marriage of flavors, combining the zesty tang of lemon, the rich allure of garlic butter, and the wholesome crunch of green beans. It’s a dish that not only satisfies your taste buds but also your dietary needs, perfectly aligning with paleo, low-carb, and keto lifestyles. Best of all, this gastronomic masterpiece can be prepared and served in just 25 minutes, making it the ultimate weeknight dinner savior.
As you embark on this gastronomic journey, prepare to be captivated by the fragrant symphony of spices that infuse the chicken thighs, creating a mouthwatering anticipation. The green beans, cooked to crisp-tender perfection, will join the party, forming a delightful partnership with the seasoned chicken. With each step, your senses are enveloped in the irresistible aroma, building excitement for the flavorful finale. In the same skillet, the garlic, parsley, hot sauce, and the optional red chili pepper flakes come together, infusing the dish with an unforgettable savor. The moment you reunite the chicken and green beans, it’s a culinary crescendo, an ensemble of flavors that will leave your taste buds singing in joy. So, let’s dive into this culinary masterpiece and create a weeknight dinner that’s not just a meal but an experience.
1. Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Green Beans Skillet
For the Chicken and Green Beans:
- 3 – 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 pound (450g) green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided (or ghee for paleo diet)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon + lemon slices for garnish
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (we used Sriracha)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
1. Season and Prepare
In a small bowl, create a spice mixture by combining onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Generously season the chicken thighs with this mixture and set them aside.
2. Cook the Green Beans
Place the trimmed green beans in a microwave-safe dish with 1/2 cup (125ml) of water. Microwave them for 8-10 minutes, ensuring they remain crisp-tender.
3. Cook the Chicken
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Arrange the seasoned chicken thighs in the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C). Adjust the heat as needed to prevent over-browning. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and set aside.
4. Flavorful Finish
In the same skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter over low heat. Add chopped parsley, minced garlic, hot sauce, red chili pepper flakes (if desired), and the pre-cooked green beans. Sauté for 4 to 5 minutes until the beans are to your liking. Add lemon juice and chicken stock, then reduce the sauce for a couple of minutes until it slightly thickens.
5. Combine and Serve
Push the green beans to one side of the skillet and return the cooked chicken thighs to the pan for a quick reheating. Adjust the seasoning with pepper, and serve the Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs immediately, garnished with more chili pepper, fresh parsley, and lemon slices. Enjoy!
- For tender chicken, allow it to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are a great choice for quicker cooking and less fat. Season them just before cooking to retain moisture.
- Enhance the dish with crispy bacon alongside the green beans.
- Try this recipe with chicken tenders for a faster alternative.
Testimonials from Satisfied Readers:
- “Turned out pretty well! So quick & easy! We enjoyed all the flavors.” – Rebekah
- “The chicken turned out great! My picky husband even liked it!” – Alexandra
- “On our third week of keto, and I wish I would have found this chicken recipe sooner! It’s delicious!!! Will absolutely be making again even when we aren’t doing keto.” – Brittany
- “Delicious!!! Next time would omit the red pepper flakes they made it extra spicy (which I usually love) but wanted to appreciate the other flavors and possibly reduce the sriracha but fantastic recipe may want to try it with shrimp!!! I also doubled the garlic and seasoning for chicken thighs.” – Melanie
- “Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken with Green Beans! My husband loved and my 5yo asked for seconds!” – Amy
- “I used chicken breasts instead of thighs. The flavor of this entire dish was incredible!! Absolutely loved by my entire family!” – Stefanie
- “This was extremely delicious! The chicken kept in the juice and didn’t dry out. I cooked it a little longer after with the chicken stock.” – Catherine
|Recipe: Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Green Beans Skillet|
|– 3 – 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs|
|– 1 pound (450g) green beans, trimmed|
|– 3 tablespoons butter, divided (or ghee for paleo diet)|
|– 4 minced garlic cloves|
|– 1 teaspoon paprika|
|– 1 teaspoon onion powder|
|– 1/4 teaspoon salt and freshly cracked black pepper|
|– Juice of 1/2 lemon + lemon slices for garnish|
|– 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock|
|– 1 tablespoon hot sauce (we used Sriracha)|
|– 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes (optional)|
|– 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley|
|1. Season and Prepare:|
|In a small bowl, create a spice mixture by combining onion powder,|
|paprika, salt, and pepper. Generously season the chicken thighs|
|with this aromatic blend and set them aside, letting anticipation|
|2. Cook the Green Beans:|
|Place the tender green beans in a microwave-safe dish, ready to be|
|transformed into crisp-tender delights. A quick 8-10 minutes in the|
|microwave, and they’re perfectly poised to complement the chicken.|
|3. Cook the Chicken:|
|Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-low|
|heat. As you sizzle the seasoned chicken thighs, the aroma will|
|enchant your senses. After 5-6 minutes on each side, the chicken|
|reaches a succulent 165°F (75°C).|
|4. Flavorful Finish:|
|In the same skillet, a world of flavors awaits. Melt the remaining|
|tablespoon of butter, adding chopped parsley, minced garlic, hot|
|sauce, red chili pepper flakes (if desired), and the pre-cooked|
|green beans. As the kitchen fills with a mouthwatering aroma,|
|you’ll know you’re in for something special.|
|5. Combine and Serve:|
|Now, the grand finale. Push the green beans to one side of the|
|skillet, creating space for the eagerly awaited chicken. Reunite|
|the chicken with its green companion for a quick reheat, and just|
|like that, your culinary masterpiece is complete. The finishing|
|touch is a sprinkle of fresh parsley, a hint of chili pepper, and a|
|slice of lemon. Your senses are about to be delighted – it’s time|
|to dig in!|
Congratulations, you’ve just prepared a delightful Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Green Beans Skillet that’s both scrumptious and health-conscious. This culinary masterpiece offers a symphony of flavors that will leave your taste buds tingling with satisfaction. It’s perfect for weeknight dinners when time is of the essence but flavor is non-negotiable. Whether you’re following a paleo, low-carb, or keto diet, this dish is a versatile delight that caters to your dietary needs. We hope you enjoyed the experience of preparing and savoring this flavorful meal.
While cooking this recipe is a breeze, here are a few precautions to keep in mind:
- Food Safety: Ensure that chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C) to ensure it’s fully cooked and safe to eat.
- Spices: Adjust the spice levels to suit your taste. If you prefer milder flavors, you can reduce the amount of hot sauce or red chili pepper flakes.
- Allergies: Be mindful of any allergies or dietary restrictions among your diners. If anyone has specific dietary requirements or allergies, make the necessary substitutions or omissions accordingly.
- Microwaving Green Beans: When microwaving the green beans, be cautious when handling the hot dish. Use oven mitts or a towel to avoid burns.
- Cooking Variations: Experiment with different variations, such as using chicken tenders or adding crispy bacon for extra flavor. Keep a close eye on cooking times when making substitutions.
Now that you’ve successfully created this culinary masterpiece, feel free to share it with your family and friends, and don’t forget to savor every bite of this delectable Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Green Beans Skillet!