Welcome to a culinary delight that combines the richness of garlic and parmesan with the earthy goodness of mushrooms and the vibrant freshness of spinach. Our ‘Delicious One-Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms Recipe’ is a masterpiece of flavors, simplicity, and quick preparation.
This mouthwatering dish is not only a feast for the taste buds but also a lifesaver for busy weeknights. With a single pot and a handful of ingredients, you can create a creamy, satisfying pasta that feels like it’s been crafted in a restaurant kitchen. Let’s embark on this delightful culinary journey and learn how to whip up this sensational dish that’s sure to become a family favorite.
Ingredients for One-Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms:
- 14 oz (400g) farfalle pasta
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 14 oz (400g) mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz (300g) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup (125ml) low-sodium vegetable broth
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of red chili pepper flakes (optional)
Mouthwatering One-Pot Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms:
This sumptuous pasta, brimming with spinach and hearty mushrooms, is a fantastic vegetarian dinner option. You won’t even miss the meat! Its flavor is rustic and earthy, complemented by a lusciously silky cream sauce that’s not as heavy as alfredo. This spinach and mushroom pasta is not just filling but also perfect for a quick and easy dinner.
- To create this creamy parmesan spinach mushroom pasta skillet, start by cooking the pasta in salted water until it reaches al dente, following the package instructions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Saute the onions for 2-3 minutes until they turn translucent and slightly browned. Remove them from the skillet and place them on a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the mushrooms and sauté them for approximately 3 minutes until they acquire a golden brown hue. Add a touch of oil if needed. Then, remove the mushrooms to the plate with the onions and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, add the spinach and cook it for 2 minutes until it wilts. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove the spinach and drain any excess water before transferring it to another plate.
- In that very skillet, heat a bit more oil, add the minced garlic, and sauté for about 30 seconds. Deglaze with vegetable broth, and then add cream, grated parmesan, chili pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until the ingredients are well combined, and the cream takes on some color.
- Once the pasta is ready, reintroduce the mushrooms, onions, and spinach to the skillet. Add the drained pasta and toss it all together. Sprinkle with more parmesan and Italian seasoning, give it a quick stir, and serve your delectable creamy parmesan spinach mushroom pasta. Top it with red chili pepper flakes and additional parmesan if desired. Savor the moment!
Tips for the Creamy Parmesan Spinach Mushroom Pasta:
- Opt for your preferred type of mushrooms, be it button, sliced portabella, or shitake. A quick sear in a hot pan is all they need before being added to the creamy pasta sauce.
- We recommend cooking each ingredient separately to prevent excess water from mushrooms and spinach, preserving the flavor. While you can save time by cooking everything together, it might result in a soupy and less flavorful mushroom pasta.
- Don’t skimp on the chili pepper flakes; they add a delightful spicy kick!
- You can use any pasta, but we recommend shapes like farfalle, penne, or rotini that hold the sauce well.
- When cooking the mushrooms, avoid overcrowding the pan to ensure they turn golden and retain their flavor. Cook them in batches if necessary.
- Use finely grated parmesan or buy finely shredded parmesan cheese for the sauce to melt properly. Avoid store-bought sandy or shaved parmesan.
Complement the richness of this creamy mushroom pasta with a fresh, crisp side salad to balance the flavors. If you’re aiming for a full dinner experience, add a side of garlic bread!
You can keep this creamy mushroom pasta in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat in the microwave, adding a splash of water to loosen up the sauce if needed. Enjoy!
Delicious One-Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms Recipe
|Farfalle pasta||14 oz (400g)||Cook in salted water until al dente per package instructions.|
|Olive oil||3 tablespoons||Heat in a large skillet for sautéing onions and mushrooms.|
|Onions||2 medium||Sauté until translucent and slightly browned, then set aside.|
|Garlic cloves||3 or 4 cloves||Minced and added to the skillet with vegetable broth and cream.|
|Mushrooms||14 oz (400g)||Sauté until browned, set aside with onions, and then reintroduce later.|
|Fresh spinach||10 oz (300g)||Wilt in the skillet, season, drain, and transfer to another plate.|
|Low-sodium vegetable broth||1/2 cup (125ml)||Used for deglazing and enhancing the creamy sauce.|
|Fresh cracked pepper||To taste||Season the dish as needed for flavor.|
|Italian seasoning||1 teaspoon||Enhance the sauce and pasta with this seasoning.|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1/2 cup||Adds creaminess and savory flavor to the dish.|
|Heavy whipping cream||1/2 cup||Creates the luxurious creamy texture in the sauce.|
|Red chili pepper flakes (optional)||1 teaspoon||Add for a spicy kick if desired.|
As we bring our ‘Delicious One-Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms Recipe’ to a close, we hope your taste buds have experienced a burst of delight. This recipe showcases the magic of simplicity and the incredible harmony of ingredients. Whether you’ve enjoyed it as a quick weeknight dinner, a satisfying weekend treat, or a special occasion dish, we trust it has left you with a memorable flavor and a sense of culinary accomplishment.
The creamy parmesan sauce, sautéed mushrooms, and wilted spinach come together effortlessly, creating a harmonious symphony of textures and tastes. It’s a dish that proves gourmet dining can be achieved right in the comfort of your own kitchen.
We encourage you to experiment with this recipe, adding your own twists and variations to make it truly yours. From the first bite to the last, we hope our ‘Delicious One-Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms’ has been a delightful culinary experience. Here’s to many more delicious meals and memorable moments shared with your loved ones around the table.