Prepare to embark on a culinary journey that’s nothing short of extraordinary. Our Creamy Spinach Turkey Meatballs recipe is the epitome of comfort, taste, and wholesome goodness. Imagine the lusciousness of tender turkey and chicken meatballs, generously laced with the richness of creamy spinach and sun-dried tomato sauce – a taste that’s truly Tuscan-inspired.
These meatballs aren’t just a meal; they’re an experience. Each bite delivers a symphony of flavors that dance on your taste buds, creating a sensation that’s both comforting and exciting. But there’s more to this dish than its incredible flavor.
Crafted with health-consciousness in mind, these turkey meatballs are a dietary dream come true. They are gluten-free, low-carb, and keto-friendly, offering a guilt-free indulgence that fits seamlessly into a wholesome eating plan.
Whether you’re seeking a weeknight dinner to please a crowd or simply craving a taste of Italy at home, our Creamy Spinach Turkey Meatballs are the perfect answer. So, don your apron and get ready to create a meal that’s as satisfying to prepare as it is to devour.
Ingredients for Creamy Spinach Turkey Meatballs:
- 1/2 lb (220g) ground turkey meat
- 1/2 lb (220g) ground chicken meat
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (or cheddar, provolone…)
- 4 cloves garlic, grated + 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1 crumbled bouillon cube, optional
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro (or parsley), divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable broth
- 5 ounces (150g) jarred sun-dried tomato in oil, drained of oil
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions For Creamy Spinach Turkey Meatballs:
- Preparing the Meatballs: In a large bowl, combine ground turkey and ground chicken, cheese, grated garlic, Italian seasoning, bouillon cube, red chili pepper flakes, chopped cilantro, and black pepper. Mix well and shape the mixture into medium-sized balls. Set the turkey meatballs aside on a plate.
- Cooking the Meatballs: Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the turkey meatballs for 8-10 minutes, turning them to brown on all sides until cooked through. Once done, transfer the meatballs to a clean plate.
- Creating the Creamy Sauce: In the same pan, melt the remaining butter in the cooking juices. Add minced garlic and fry until fragrant, followed by the diced onion until translucent. Incorporate the sun-dried tomatoes, letting them infuse their flavors for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the vegetable broth and allow the sauce to reduce slightly.
- Simmering the Cream Sauce: Reduce the heat to low and add the heavy cream, bringing it to a gentle simmer while stirring occasionally. Season the cream sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Adding the Greens: Introduce the baby spinach into the sauce, allowing it to wilt. Sprinkle in the grated Parmesan cheese, simmering for another minute until the cheese blends in.
- Bringing It All Together: Return the cooked turkey meatballs to the pan, sprinkle with fresh parsley, and spoon the sauce over each meatball. Serve the creamy garlic spinach Tuscan meatballs over steamed vegetables or cauliflower rice for keto enthusiasts, or pair with rice or pasta for non-keto indulgence.
Tips for Creamy Spinach Turkey Meatballs:
- Customize your meatball blend by mixing ground beef and spicy pork sausage.
- Cook the meatballs on medium heat to ensure they cook through without burning.
- Add an egg or a touch of butter to keep your turkey meatballs moist and juicy.
- Keep the ingredients as cold as possible to prevent the fat from melting before cooking.
You can keep these delectable turkey meatballs for up to 2 days in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Reheat with a splash of water to loosen the sauce. If you opt to freeze the cooked meatballs, store them in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months, thawing in your refrigerator before reheating in the oven or on the stove. Enjoy your savory journey! ❤️
Certainly, here’s a table for the Creamy Spinach Turkey Meatballs recipe:
|CREAMY SPINACH TURKEY MEATBALLS|
|These turkey meatballs are Gluten-free, low-carb, and keto-friendly – Perfect for a crowd-pleasing weeknight dinner. The creamy spinach turkey and chicken meatballs just melt in your mouth; it’s so good!|
|Ground Turkey Meat||1/2 lb (220g)|
|Ground Chicken Meat||1/2 lb (220g)|
|Shredded Mozzarella (or cheddar, provolone)||1/2 cup|
|Grated Garlic||4 cloves|
|Minced Garlic||4 cloves|
|Italian Seasoning||1 teaspoon|
|Red Crushed Chili Pepper Flakes (optional)||1/2 teaspoon (optional)|
|Crumbled Bouillon Cube (optional)||1 crumbled bouillon cube (optional)|
|Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper||To taste|
|Fresh Chopped Cilantro (or parsley)||1 cup divided|
|Olive Oil||2 teaspoons|
|Yellow Onion||1 small, diced|
|Vegetable Broth||1/3 cup (80ml)|
|Jarred Sun-Dried Tomato (drained of oil)||5 ounces (150g)|
|Heavy Cream||1 3/4 cups|
|Baby Spinach Leaves||3 cups|
|Grated Parmesan||1/2 cup|
|Fresh Parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
- Preparation of Meatballs: In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, ground chicken, cheese, grated garlic, Italian seasoning, bouillon cube, red chili pepper flakes, chopped cilantro, and black pepper. Mix well and form medium-sized meatballs. Place them on a plate and set aside.
- Cooking Meatballs: Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the meatballs for 8-10 minutes, ensuring they’re browned and cooked through on all sides. Remove the meatballs to a clean plate and set aside.
- Preparing the Sauce: In the same pan, melt the remaining butter in the cooking juices. Add minced garlic, then onion, and stir-fry until translucent. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes, allowing them to release their flavors. Finally, pour in the vegetable broth and let the sauce reduce slightly.
- Creating the Cream Sauce: Reduce the heat to low, add the heavy cream, and bring it to a gentle simmer while stirring occasionally. Season the cream sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Adding Greens: Introduce the baby spinach into the sauce, letting it wilt. Sprinkle in the grated Parmesan cheese and simmer for an additional minute until the cheese melts through.
- Combining Meatballs and Sauce: Return the cooked turkey meatballs to the pan, sprinkle with fresh parsley, and spoon the sauce over each meatball. Serve the creamy garlic spinach Tuscan meatballs over steamed vegetables or cauliflower rice for keto enthusiasts, or pair with rice or pasta for non-keto indulgence. Enjoy! ❤️
Feature Image Credit: Isabelle Boucher