|

Teen Boy Barely Survives Terrifying Electrocution Incident Caused by Phone Charger

In a shocking incident, a teenage boy nearly lost his life when his necklace got electrocuted by a phone charger. The terrifying event occurred late at night and was first signaled by the teenager’s screams for help.

The teenage boy screamed was electrocuted by his necklace in a freak accident. (Kennedy News and Media)

Warning: This story contains details that some readers may find disturbing.

A Sudden Nighttime Crisis

Rayce Ogdahl, a 16-year-old from the United States, was at home when disaster struck. His mother, Danielle Davis, was awakened by a piercing scream coming from Rayce’s bedroom. Rushing to check on him, she found her son in the hallway, visibly in distress and reeling from the effects of an electric shock.

Rayce was rushed to an intensive care unit after suffering second, third and fourth degree burns. (Kennedy News and Media)

The Freak Accident Explained

The accident happened when Rayce, trying to ensure his phone was charging, accidentally allowed his cross necklace to come into contact with an exposed prong of the phone charger plugged into an extension cord. The metal necklace conducted the electricity directly to his neck, resulting in severe burns.

Immediate Medical Response

Rayce was immediately rushed to the Integris Health Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma, where he was admitted to the burns unit. There, he received treatment for second, third, and fourth degree burns that covered his neck from his chin to his collarbone.

The Aftermath and Long-term Effects

Photos released by the family show the extent of the damage, with patterns of the necklace imprinted into his skin. The scars are expected to be permanent, and doctors have discussed the possibility of skin grafts to repair some of the damage, though Rayce is hesitant to undergo the procedure unless absolutely necessary.

The scars will last a lifetime. (Kennedy News and Media)

Safety Advice from a Traumatized Family

The incident has made Rayce and his family more aware of the dangers lurking in everyday activities. His mother now advises against keeping phones on the bed while sleeping and recommends being cautious with the use of extension cords.

Grateful Yet Cautious

The family remains thankful that Rayce survived this life-threatening ordeal. His ability to alert his family despite the pain showcases his bravery. They hope their story will serve as a cautionary tale, reminding others to prioritize safety and be aware of their surroundings.

This harrowing experience serves as a stark reminder of the risks associated with common household items and the importance of electrical safety.

  • NEWS, Tech

    Teen Boy Barely Survives Terrifying Electrocution Incident Caused by Phone Charger

    In a shocking incident, a teenage boy nearly lost his life when his necklace got electrocuted by a phone charger. The terrifying event occurred late at night and was first signaled by the teenager’s screams for help.

    The teenage boy screamed was electrocuted by his necklace in a freak accident. (Kennedy News and Media)

    Warning: This story contains details that some readers may find disturbing.

    A Sudden Nighttime Crisis

    Rayce Ogdahl, a 16-year-old from the United States, was at home when disaster struck. His mother, Danielle Davis, was awakened by a piercing scream coming from Rayce’s bedroom. Rushing to check on him, she found her son in the hallway, visibly in distress and reeling from the effects of an electric shock.

    Rayce was rushed to an intensive care unit after suffering second, third and fourth degree burns. (Kennedy News and Media)

    The Freak Accident Explained

    The accident happened when Rayce, trying to ensure his phone was charging, accidentally allowed his cross necklace to come into contact with an exposed prong of the phone charger plugged into an extension cord. The metal necklace conducted the electricity directly to his neck, resulting in severe burns.

    Immediate Medical Response

    Rayce was immediately rushed to the Integris Health Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma, where he was admitted to the burns unit. There, he received treatment for second, third, and fourth degree burns that covered his neck from his chin to his collarbone.

    The Aftermath and Long-term Effects

    Photos released by the family show the extent of the damage, with patterns of the necklace imprinted into his skin. The scars are expected to be permanent, and doctors have discussed the possibility of skin grafts to repair some of the damage, though Rayce is hesitant to undergo the procedure unless absolutely necessary.

    The scars will last a lifetime. (Kennedy News and Media)

    Safety Advice from a Traumatized Family

    The incident has made Rayce and his family more aware of the dangers lurking in everyday activities. His mother now advises against keeping phones on the bed while sleeping and recommends being cautious with the use of extension cords.

    Grateful Yet Cautious

    The family remains thankful that Rayce survived this life-threatening ordeal. His ability to alert his family despite the pain showcases his bravery. They hope their story will serve as a cautionary tale, reminding others to prioritize safety and be aware of their surroundings.

    This harrowing experience serves as a stark reminder of the risks associated with common household items and the importance of electrical safety.