Are you searching for a delectable meal that bursts with mouthwatering flavors? Look no further than our Spinach Chicken Casserole with Cream Cheese and Mozzarella. This scrumptious dish combines the rich creaminess of cream cheese, the freshness of spinach, and the succulent taste of chicken, creating an unforgettable dinner experience. What’s more, it’s a quick and easy recipe, perfect for those hectic days. Plus, it’s keto-friendly, gluten-free, and low carb, making it a wholesome choice for health-conscious food lovers.
Ingredients for the Spinach Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced horizontally
- 8 oz of softened cream cheese
- 2 cups of rinsed spinach
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (divided)
- 4 oz of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning (optional)
Creating Your Chicken Casserole
1. A Culinary Symphony in a Casserole
This Spinach Chicken Casserole with Cream Cheese and Mozzarella is a symphony of flavors, brought together with simple yet delightful ingredients. Chicken breasts, spinach, garlic, cream cheese, Mozzarella cheese, and a blend of spices form a harmonious combination that will be ready in under 40 minutes. Don’t forget the crowning glory of bubbling Mozzarella, which adds that extra layer of perfection to your chicken dinner. It’s the ideal dish for those busy weeknight dinners!
2. Crafting Your Culinary Masterpiece
Making this chicken casserole is a breeze, with just a few easy steps:
- Start by arranging the marinated chicken breasts in a baking dish, adding extra seasoning if desired. We suggest cutting the chicken breasts thinly to speed up the cooking process.
- Spread the softened cream cheese over the chicken breasts. It’s easier when the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Next, layer on the sautéed spinach, which has been prepped to remove excess moisture and ensure your casserole isn’t soggy when baking.
- Finally, sprinkle the dish with shredded Mozzarella cheese, and it’s ready for the oven at 400ºF (200ºC).
3. Directions for Culinary Bliss
For detailed instructions, download our Spinach Chicken Casserole with Cream Cheese and Mozzarella, complete with nutrition information, by clicking here.
Cooking the Spinach Chicken Casserole:
Step 1: Begin by mixing olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper in a Ziplock bag. Add the chicken breasts, ensuring they are well coated, and set them aside for 10-15 minutes.
Step 2: Quickly wilt the spinach in a skillet with olive oil and set it aside.
Step 3: Arrange the marinated chicken breasts in a baking dish, spread softened cream cheese over them, and layer spinach on top. Finish by generously sprinkling Mozzarella cheese over the casserole.
Step 4: Bake the spinach chicken casserole for 20-30 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F (75°C). Serve it warm with cauliflower rice or baked veggies for an irresistible dining experience.
Pro Tips for Your Spinach Chicken Breasts Casserole
- For a quicker cooking time and deeper marinade penetration, consider cutting the chicken breasts into cubes.
- Prepare extra portions and freeze them for those days when cooking from scratch isn’t an option. Find reheating instructions below.
- Keep in mind that the cream cheese and Mozzarella contribute to the saltiness, so use salt sparingly in the marinade.
- If you prefer a spicier casserole, add a teaspoon of Cayenne pepper into the marinade or mix half of the spices with the cream cheese before spreading it over the chicken and spinach.
Pairing Suggestions for Your Creamy Chicken Casserole
Complement your delectable chicken casserole with sides like green beans, roasted asparagus, cauliflower rice, or broccoli.
Can You Freeze the Chicken Casserole?
Absolutely! Our Spinach Chicken Casserole is perfect as a make-ahead or freezer meal. You can freeze it baked or unbaked:
To Bake Uncooked Casserole After Freezing: Thaw the casserole overnight in the refrigerator, then follow the baking instructions. Avoid baking it straight from the freezer, as it will take much longer and may not cook evenly.
To Reheat Baked Casserole After Freezing: Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator, then cover with foil and bake at 350ºF (180ºC) for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
Savor the incredible taste of our Spinach Chicken Casserole with Cream Cheese and Mozzarella – a delightful culinary experience that’s both convenient and satisfying. Bon appétit!
Flavorful Spinach Chicken Casserole with Cream Cheese and Mozzarella Recipe
|Chicken breasts||2 large, boneless, skinless, sliced horizontally||Marinate in a mixture of olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a Ziplock bag for 10-15 minutes.|
|Cream cheese||8 oz, softened||Spread over chicken breasts in the baking dish. Ensure cream cheese is at room temperature.||Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC) and bake for 20-30 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F (75°C).|
|Spinach||2 cups, rinsed||Quickly wilt in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.||Serve warm with a side of cauliflower rice or baked veggies.|
|Mozzarella cheese||4 oz, shredded||Sprinkle over the casserole before baking.|
This table provides a clear breakdown of the ingredients, their quantities, the corresponding instructions, and the cooking instructions for your Spinach Chicken Casserole.
Featured Image Credit: Marco Verch Professional Photographer