Are you ready to savor the delightful flavors of the season? Look no further than these sensational baked apples. This super-easy treat is not only a delicious snack on its own but also a versatile dessert when paired with yogurt, oats, or a scoop of luscious vanilla ice cream. As a bonus, your kitchen will be filled with a tantalizing aroma that’s sure to delight your senses. Let’s dive into this delectable recipe!
Prepare to tantalize your taste buds with the following ingredients:
- 3 apples (approximately 3 cups), diced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- A drop of pure vanilla extract
Baking Directions for Irresistible Baked Apples:
Follow these simple steps to create this mouthwatering treat:
- Preheat Your Oven: Start by preheating your oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Coat and Toss: Toss the diced apples with maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, water, and a pinch of sea salt until they’re thoroughly coated.
- Arranging Baked Apples: Spread the apple mixture in a thin layer in a baking dish, then enhance it by adding the diced butter.
- Baking Perfection: Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir and Return: After the initial bake, remove the baked apples from the oven, give them a quick stir, spread them evenly, and return the baking dish to the oven. Continue baking for another 15 minutes, or until the baked apples are tender and the sauce is thick and wonderfully caramelized.
- Serve and Savor Your Baked Apple Delight: Allow the baked apples to cool slightly, and then enjoy them however you like!
Pro Tips for Your Baked Apple Adventure:
- These cinnamon-baked apples are not only easy to make but also a fantastic way to utilize surplus freshly picked apples. For a vegan twist, consider replacing the butter with coconut oil.
Selecting the Perfect Apple for Your Baked Apple Recipe:
- Choose an apple variety that strikes a balance between sweetness and tartness. Gala apples and Honeycrisp, as featured in the pictures, are ideal choices for this baked apple recipe.
Peel or Not to Peel? It’s Your Call:
- Whether to leave the skin on or peel the apples is entirely up to your preference. Some appreciate the contrast the skin provides, while others opt to remove it as it can become tough when chewed and may not complement other toppings.
Serving Suggestions for Your Baked Apple Bliss:
- These baked apples are delightful on their own, but they can be elevated with a scoop of velvety vanilla bean ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, or a side of quick oats.
Storing Your Baked Apples:
- Keep your baked apples fresh by storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They’ll maintain their deliciousness for up to one week. When reheating, gently warm your baked apples on the stovetop in a saucepan with a few drops of water or use the microwave.
Savor the Season with Baked Apple Bliss
As we conclude our journey with Baked Apple Bliss, we invite you to savor every bite of this delightful seasonal treat. These baked apples are not just a dish; they’re an experience, a tribute to the rich flavors of autumn. Whether enjoyed on their own or dressed up with your favorite toppings, they embody comfort and joy. The ease of preparation and the captivating scent that fills your kitchen make this recipe a must-try. So, embrace the season, and let Baked Apple Bliss be your go-to recipe for moments of warmth and indulgence. Enjoy, and may your kitchen forever be filled with the aroma of this delectable delight.
Indulge in the joy of these baked apples and relish the delightful tastes of the season!
|Apples||3 apples (about 3 cups), diced|
|Butter (or Coconut Oil)||1 tablespoon|
|Maple Syrup||1 tablespoon|
|Ground Cinnamon||½ teaspoon|
|Sea Salt||A pinch|
|Vanilla Extract||A drop|
|Preheat Oven||375ºF (190ºC)|
|Coat and Toss||–|
|Arrange and Enhance||–|
|Bake to Perfection||15 minutes|
|Stir and Return||15 minutes|
|Serve and Enjoy||–|