When it comes to timeless dessert classics, Strawberry Pie is a true delight that never goes out of style. With just a handful of simple ingredients and an uncomplicated recipe, this pie is your go-to option for busy weeknights or those days when time is of the essence. Thanks to a store-bought pie crust, fresh strawberries, sugar, cream cheese, and cornstarch, you can whip up a delectable homemade pie in under an hour. For an extra special touch, serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
What elevates this pie to another level of deliciousness is the addition of a luscious layer of cream cheese spread over the pie crust before the strawberries take center stage. Forget about store-bought gels or strawberry Jello; our homemade strawberry glaze is the star of the show.
Why You Need This Classic Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Ideal for strawberry season, this dessert celebrates the juicy goodness of fresh strawberries.
- It’s your perfect option for family gatherings, potluck events, and summer festivities like the 4th of July.
- Each bite is a burst of irresistible strawberry goodness.
- No need to stress about making your own pie crust; a store-bought one works just as well.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Get all the detailed ingredient information in the recipe card below.
- Fresh strawberries
- Cream cheese
- Homemade or refrigerated pie crust
How to Make the Perfect Strawberry Pie
- Start by thoroughly washing your fresh berries and slicing them in half.
- Prepare the pie crust as per your specific instructions, then spread softened cream cheese over it.
- Reserve a cup of strawberries for the glaze, layer the remaining strawberries in the pie crust.
- Create a flavorful strawberry glaze by simmering strawberries and water, then mixing sugar and cornstarch in a separate bowl.
- Pour the glaze over the strawberries in the pie crust.
- A final touch of halved strawberries in the center adds an elegant flourish.
- Let the pie chill in the refrigerator until it’s fully set.
Store your homemade strawberry pie in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days, ensuring it’s loosely covered to prevent the crust from turning soggy. Should you need to keep it for longer, freeze it in an airtight container until you’re ready to savor it.
- Feel free to explore different crust options, including a buttery homemade crust, a graham cracker crust, or even a shortbread or Oreo crust for a unique twist.
- Experiment with flavor variations by adding lemon zest or lemon juice to the strawberry glaze.
- Elevate your pie by serving it with a generous scoop of fresh vanilla ice cream and some extra fresh fruit.
This delightful Strawberry Pie is not just a treat for your taste buds but also a feast for the eyes and senses. Enjoy every slice of this homemade masterpiece and savor the season’s freshest berries in the most delicious way possible. With its simplicity and heavenly flavor, it’s a dessert that never goes out of style and is bound to become a family favorite for years to come.
Strawberry Pie Recipe
|Fresh strawberries||1. Thoroughly wash and halve the fresh strawberries.|
|Sugar||2. Prepare the pie crust as per specific instructions and let it cool.|
|Cornstarch||3. Spread a layer of softened cream cheese on the cooled crust.|
|Cream cheese||4. Set aside one cup of strawberries for the glaze and arrange the remaining strawberries in the crust.|
|Homemade or refrigerated pie crust||5. In a saucepan, simmer 1 cup of strawberries and 2/3 cup of water for four minutes.|
|6. In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 cup of sugar, 3 tablespoons of cornstarch, and 1/3 cup of water.|
|7. Add the sugar-cornstarch mixture to the simmered strawberries and bring it to a boil. Boil for one minute until it thickens into a strawberry glaze.|
|8. Pour the strawberry glaze over the strawberries in the pie crust.|
|9. Optionally, halve a few large strawberries and arrange them in the center of the pie, adding one large strawberry on top for an elegant touch.|
|10. Chill the pie in the refrigerator until it is completely set.|
Enjoy your homemade Strawberry Pie!
Featured Image Credit: Yuriko IKEDA