Indulge in a creamy, cheesy delight with this easy-to-make Crock Pot Mac and Cheese. A comfort food classic, this recipe requires minimal effort and results in a delectable dish that’s perfect for any occasion. From potlucks to weeknight dinners, it’s a crowd-pleaser that never fails to impress. With simple ingredients like Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese, macaroni noodles, and a few staples, this dish can be your go-to family favorite.
Why You Need This Recipe
Discover why this recipe is a must-have:
- Versatile for Various Occasions: Whether it’s a special gathering or a casual weeknight dinner, this dish fits all occasions.
- Travel-Friendly: Made in a crockpot, it’s perfect for on-the-go meals.
- Kid-Friendly: Loved by all, especially the kids.
- Easy and Delicious: Simple to make, yet incredibly flavorful.
- Divine Cheese Combination: The blend of Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese creates a heavenly taste.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Get all the details in the recipe card below, but here’s what you’ll require:
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese soup
- Macaroni noodles
How to Make Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
Follow these simple steps:
- Combine both cheese varieties, cheddar cheese soup, milk, and sliced butter in a crockpot.
- Set the crockpot to high temperature.
- After 2 hours, stir and add the dry macaroni noodles.
- Continue cooking on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the macaroni is perfectly cooked.
- Stir occasionally to achieve the ideal creamy texture.
Leftover Crock Pot Mac and Cheese can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop and add a splash of milk if the cheese sauce thickens.
- Use your preferred type of milk, like whole milk for a richer flavor.
- Experiment with different cheese combinations, such as Velveeta, cream cheese, or American cheese.
- Add toppings like breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese for a crispy finish.
- Make it a main dish by adding cooked veggies, chicken, or shrimp.
This Crock Pot Mac and Cheese is a simple, delicious recipe that everyone can enjoy. Its versatility and customizability make it a go-to comfort food that’s sure to please. Whether as a side dish or a main course, it’s the ultimate cheesy delight that travels well and is perfect for any gathering.
| Crock Pot Mac and Cheese |
| Cook Time | 4 hours |
| Total Time | 4 hours |
- One 8 oz. block Monterrey Jack cheese
- One 8 oz. block Cheddar cheese
- Two cans Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese soup
- Four empty soup cans of milk
- One stick butter
- 16 oz. macaroni noodles
- In a crockpot, combine the two cheeses (cut into cubes), cheddar cheese soup, four soup cans of milk, and one stick of butter (sliced). Set your crockpot to High Temp.
- After 2 hours, stir the mixture and add the dry macaroni noodles. The mixture will be very soupy at this point. Continue to cook on high for an additional 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the macaroni is fully cooked to your liking. Be sure to stir the mixture a couple of times during this time as the noodles cook and the ingredients combine.
- If you need to make this recipe quickly, you can prepare it on your stovetop in a large pot. Combine all of the ingredients at once and continually stir while cooking to prevent the noodles from sticking.
Featured Image Credit: Colleen Greene